SAN BLAS ISLANDS TOUR (3 NIGHTS/4 DAYS)
THIS IS A TOTALLY UNIQUE & AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE WITH A GUNA FAMILY ON THE SAN BLAS ISLANDS!
The San Blas Islands are an autonomous territory in the northwest of Panama on the Caribbean Sea. The territory is officially known as Kuna or Guna Yala. Most of the 378 islands have no inhabitants—on the ones that do, you’ll find the indigenous people known as the Kuna or Guna.
Guna Yala is not only about nice beaches with Windex water—it has stories, customs and traditions. Guna Yala is about people and unique gastronomy. On this incredible San Blas Islands tour, you will experience the real Guna Yala and learn about their culture.
- Learn about “Ico Inna” (Party of Nose Piercing), “Ilegued and Inna Suit” (Hair Cutting Ceremony), “Sergu-ed” (Ceremony of Puberty), “Inna Mutikid” (Initiation Party), and many more Guna ceremonies.
- Taste the real local cuisine of the Guna people.
- Learn about the flag of the Guna Revolution adopted in 1925, and hear about the real Guna Revolution and how this affected the Guna people.
- Be part of the Guna dance, known as, “Nogga Ggope.”
- Visit their local cemetery.
- Cook with them and taste the different foods they have.
- And, yes, spend some time relaxing time on one of their beautiful beaches.
On this special San Blas Islands tour, you will not only soak up natural beauty, but you will exchange knowledge with the real local families.
$250 per person ALL INCLUSIVE!
3 nights & 4 days
MAXIMUM 6 PEOPLE
- Transportation by car (roundtrip)
- Transfer by boat (roundtrip)
- Lodging in a native rustic cabin operated by a local family
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner (typical local food cooked by a Guna woman)
- Bottled water
- Visit different communities with stops at a cemetery, farm and school
- 1 day at the beach and hammock time during the day
- Guna taxes
By booking this San Blas Islands tour, you are directly supporting local families! Your tour guide, Víctor Peretz, is not just extremely knowledgable about this area, this is his hometown and he is excited to share it with you. (Read more about him HERE.)
Local in PTY